Monday, July 5, 2010

Questions

1. Why do we need a gall bladder?

Yesterday, I could barely move for about 8 hours as I writhed in pain of the abdominals. After a 3 hour wait in the emergency room (which yes is a horrible wait while writhing in pain), I come to find out that it's a fairly normal thing to happen when you're pregnant. Really? Because it didn't feel normal. When he asked me where my pain was from 1 to 10, I was like 'well I haven't given birth yet so I don't know where 10 is.. but this would have to be the worst pain I have ever felt... so 8 or 9'. Apparently your gall bladder can get sluggish and cause severe pain. Awesome. Which brings me to my next question.

2. What is the point of the emergency room?

I got there, couldn't speak, explained that I was pregnant, had to sit down for fear of fainting, had hurl all over my clothes (that was a special visual image for you all I'm sure) and was visibly in severe pain. It still took 3 hours for a doctor to see me. Now you tell me, does that sounds like I was seen to as if it was an emergency? Uh.. no. Of course, it wasn't really an emergency, but at that point in time they didn't know that. I could have been having a miscarriage or something, for all I, or they, knew. And the pain on those uncomfy chairs.. yikes! Which brings me to my next question.

3. Why does anyone do this to themselves?

We spend 9 months vomiting, feeling sick, getting fat, having horrible digestinal problems, and a range of other strange and uncomfortable things. Then, it practically murders us getting it out! Yet most women want to do it.. not only once, but multiple times! I am one of these sick, ridiculous women. I guess it's the fact that our bodies are capable of creating life, and the wonderful baby we create at the end of it all. Which, of course, brings me to my next (and final) question.

4. WHAT HAVE I DONE!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This is a happy AHH, but still, freaking out slightly!)


This is my 'gulp' face...

5 comments:

  1. oh treen that sounds awful! Next time come to the redlands hospital... we've never waited more than an hour. You do have a point though, all sorts of things could of been happening and already "happened" by the time got to you. Hope your feeling better. I don't like it when my friends are in pain. love you both. he he mummy and bubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this but I'm SO sorry you had to experience it. I hope you're feeling better. And Yes, women are crazy for wanting to do it multiple times. Trav was even born vaginally and I still want a third. We're crazy!!! I love you girl. Hope all is well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man sorry you are/were so sick. I had no idea. And you never told me you had a blog. You naughty girl. I'll forward an invite to mine.
    yeah now we can be blog buddies too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw treen I hope you are feeling better! That is terrible you had to wait that long! xo

    ReplyDelete