Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gratitudinal Profiling

I've noticed latley that I haven't been looking for the good in things as much as I should. Things are becoming more expensive, I'm overwhelmed at times, and find myself feeling unsuccessful. I have decided I need to focus on being more grateful and positive. Thus 'gratitude profiling' begins.

I am planning to try and think of a few things each day that I am grateful for. I know there are lots, and I may not actually blog it each day, but this is where I'm aiming to be held accountable.

1. A husband who loves me, puts up with me, and is willing to help with the household tasks I find most repugnant.


2. A sweet, sweet baby. I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful one! Sure, he still wakes me up once a night, but he is just heaven on a platter at all hours of the day, so I don't mind.


3. Long hair. I don't know what it is, but I'm addicted to having my hair long. I'm grateful that it makes me feel pretty, can hide my back if my shirt is a little low, can cover my shoulder if the baby has thrown up on me, etc. It's wonderful.


4. A house to live in that is safe, comfortable, and mine.


5. Something to believe in.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea Treen. I had the same thought on Sunday. I need to stop asking, and start thanking. We have sommuch. To be grateful means a happy heart. Love you my dear friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Katrina. I too noticed this about myself probably a week ago. I need to be WAY more positive, find the good in life and stop focusing on the bad. Thanks for posting this. I love ya! Hug your boys for me, and give yourself a hug too!
    You're a beautifully amazing woman and I'm so grateful to have YOU in my life. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be something in the air! I was thinking about doing this again so I can be less selfish.

    Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete