Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Flowers are a girl's best friend.

My current brilliant idea is to become a wedding florist. I know - "Katrina, you have 2 degrees. Isn't that enough?" Frankly, no. I want it all!

Every mormon woman in Brisbane (and it's surrounds) at present seems to be or be becoming a photographer.. weddings, babies, etc. So I thought, perhaps a florist might complement that booming (and rather saturated) market. Good thinking, eh?

I have researched and found that to be a wedding florist or learn those skills, there are no short TAFE courses as I hoped there would be. There, sadly, are only year and eighteen month long courses that cost like $4000. Not interested! I've invested enough money into an education for now...

So.. This is my plea. Do you, or do you know anyone, who knows how to make wedding flowers that could invest a few hours to show me the basics? The rest I could learn as I go... but I need some basics. So... THINK! And let me know who, or what, you know :)

3 comments:

  1. Belinda Orth did a course - you could ask her?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ask Bonnie for a few pointers. Good luck Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why hello there!!! Sorry - not meaning to stalk but I stumbled onto your blog from Alicia's and thought I do have a name for so I just had to leave a comment didn't I!!! heheheh Ursula James in Rochedale Ward does floral arrangements - you might be able to try her. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get her contact details to you - you could always just do a search on her name and her blog should come up too - she's got lots of photo's on there??? Hope that helps! Now I'm off to read all about your 'hot' husband and 'funny' you!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete