I'm sure many of you have seen the Bollywood version of Pride and Prejudice... aptly named 'Bride and Prejudice'. Well, there is a special (and yes, I do mean 'short bus' special) song on there about happy wife leading to happy life. I think my darling Joshua has learned recently how true this is!
As much as I like to think I'm pretty level headed and chill, things at work have been slightly irritating leading me to feel more than slightly irritated at home at times. Let's face it, I'm not always level headed and chill. But I can say whatever I want - this is my blog!! :) I had all these great ideas about changing in the world through education. Gee uni fills your mind with a bunch of hooey! I begun passionately and was excited! However, just five weeks into the piece, I have been sworn at, had things thrown at me, had books grabbed from my hands, been called all kinds of names... and occasionally, smiled at (but I like that!).
Days such as these tend to cause a little bit of stress. I just don't understand why kids are so angry at the world. Seriously, parents... BE NICE TO YOUR KIDS! It's mind boggling and so eye opening.
Anyway, so Josh treated me to a study free weekend... meaning, he took the weekend off his police studies to hang out with me! It was great. And it led to a wife feeling much happier come Monday. We didn't do anything particulaly different... went out to dinner, rearranged our bedroom (change is as good as a holiday!) and went to church. The norm! But it was nice to be able to do all that together.
So as I write this, the wonderful man is in our room studying like crazy. But, he is happy. I am happy. And we will continue to be happily in love for many, many more days to come!


I definitely have go to agree with you that change is as good as a holiday!
ReplyDeleteI had been have a pretty crummy week last week....so I cut my hair! Its amazing how much better/optimistic you feel when you change something :)
oh treen, what a rough start to teaching you've had... i'm so glad joshy treats you well. its made me happy reading your blog. love you
ReplyDeleteIf only all men had figured this out so quickly, imagine! Lucky you guys. :D
ReplyDeleteCome ON Loreto already.