Friday, January 1, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work we go!

GREAT NEWS!

Josh and I were both offered the jobs we have been waiting for!

After a year of preparation, interviews, testing and what seemed like endless waiting, Josh has been accepted into the Queensland Police Academy and will commence February 1st. That's only 30 days away now! WOO HOO! So we are very excited for what this will bring. He has been training hard since we got home and is really getting that body in shape for the physical requirements. And, we cleared all the CRAP off his desk so that he can study when the time comes also.... because there's lots of learning to be done. MMUUUUCH EXCITEMENT for this one :)

AND! I was offered a full time teaching position. This is a big deal because it is so rare to get a full time job in the city at the end of a teaching degree. But, with my diploma in hand, I am off to save the children of Brisbane! I got a full time teaching position to start on 20 January. It's at a great school where I know a few teachers and am comfortable. It was number 2 on my list of places I wanted to go... so I feel incredibly lucky!

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, Santa brought us great presents this year :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy for you both. At the start of a marriage sometimes its not the relationship skills that do the damage, its the unmet expectations we set for our selves. I know you'll both do very well, your dedicated to each other and keen to get a good start. Remember its the memories that count the most, things are just things.

    - Ken

    ReplyDelete