Thursday, October 8, 2009

The pictures!

I had trouble attaching these before... Lucky, I had much better luck this time!

We arrived on Sunday, and on Monday Josh and I went out to Magnetic Island with Anna (who was up visiting the fam) and James (who is the only kid still living at home with mum and dad). This is us on the boat, enjoying the view and the fresh beach air!
This is my new favourite place in the world. It is one of the little bays on Magnetic Island. Magnetic Island is a gorgeous, mostly untouched island about 15 mins boat ride from Townsville. I LOVE IT!! so pretty.... When we were walking to that little spot, we came across this in a tree! A mother koala with her baby! So cute! Later when we walked back, the baby was further up the tree on its own. Here they're cuddling into each other.
There are tons of rocks around the island... I can't remember why, but they were real fun to climb up and around. It was like exploring! The ocean was amazing, with fish and wildlife. It is right near the Great Barrier Reef, so there were other small reef areas to snorkel in and lots of fish. I loved it. You could see right to the bottom of the ocean even when you were in quite deep. James and Anna are down there playing in the rocks.

More rocks!


We spent lots of time with nephews. This is one of Josh's favourite nephews.. Kenny. He is 5 and very cute! We love him. Here they are on the Strand.. which is a nice beachy area in Townsville.


While in Townsville, we also climbed Castle Hill. It wasn't really a climb so much as a hike... but it was great with beautiful views from the top! You can't see me, can you?


Us with the view, that you can hardly see... We're prettier than the view anyway :)
We also went fishing a few mornings. This morning we took my mum and dad! I LOVE FISHING! Who knew? I did :) We didn't catch anything on this trip, but we did the day before so that was ok!

Kite flying at the strand. Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height, let's go fly a kite and send it soaring... lalalala...


Mum and dad bought a new house in Townsville... and to help them make it more homey, I painted this picture for their bedroom wall. It is to match their new bed spread. I'm no artist, but I think it turned out pretty well!

And there you have it! You are updated on some of the fun things we did. For more pics, you can look at Josh's facebook.. he put up TONS of pics :)
Keep smiling!!

4 comments:

  1. we've both had fun holidays lately - cute photos and seems like you had a great time up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Magnetic Island looks beautiful! I would love to see a Koala in the wild, how neat! I didn't know you were a painter... it's looks fabulous :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a painting!! and of course you and josh are more beautiful than 'Ol townie' Cute blog katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I love all the pictures and the koalas are adorable! :D Too cool. Love ya and miss ya! Oh, and your painting is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! Can I get a Katrina painting too??,

    ReplyDelete